Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wild Wednesday!

You know it's been a wild week when...

--it takes longer to clean off your desk at the end of the day than it does to write tomorrow's lesson plans.

--students run to the bus instead of standing in line and you just laugh...with the teachers around you...instead of correcting them.

--you can't seem to get the girls' names in your room correct.  I seriously called my little sweethearts each others names all day long.  I totally blame this on my mom!  She has called me my aunts' names more often than not!

--you join in on a game of Heads Up Seven Up for a student's birthday.

--can't wait for recess duty so you can get outside to enjoy some fresh air.  More on this later but I LOVE recess duty!

--are ready for bed at 6:30.

--sit in your car, in the shed, after you get home to enjoy your book on CD because it is relaxing and requires no effort.

--dread when the phone rings fearing you completely forget to take your kids to a special.  On a plus side, I haven't done this yet, but I know I will! Knock on wood...

--have bribed your students with a surprise ALL week to get them to work at the end of the day!  The surprise comes TOMORROW!!!

--get excited for the Read Aloud before lunch because each and every student loves this part of the day!  We are on Magic Tree House Book #3: Mummies in the Morning.

--hate hearing your own voice at the end of the day.

--you have set up a schedule 10 times in 3 days and it still has conflicts.

--you tried partner work today after it failed drastically yesterday.

--you have cut out more word sorts than thought possible to get your students to tackle the short vowels.  Students that are struggling or are bored HATE doing pages out of their workbooks!  

--thrown plans totally wayside to simply practice spelling words because their test it tomorrow and knew some of them weren't going to do well.  We made paper chains with one word written on each link!  This has been one of their favorites!  I even hung them on their lockers!

--feel exhausted but so excited for tomorrow because you have great things planned!  

Hope you all had a great Wednesday!  I am off to get my daily dose of some NCIS.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment