Thursday, September 6, 2012

Truly Blessed!

I can't express in one post how blessed I am/feel!  For the most part, things have worked out in my life the way I have had them planned.  Lucky, spoiled, hard work, planned, or blessed....call it what you want.  I feel as it is a combination of all of them along with someone from above watching closely over me.

Today is going to be another list of things, but today will be things and people that I am happy to have in my life.  These following things are why I am a happy, go-lucky, 1st year teacher!

--My Parents!  I know this is a little cliche but I don't know what I would do without them.  They have supported me through everything. Financially. Emotionally. Etc.  I still call my mom everyday and see her several times each week.  I am a lot like her in many ways.  I feel the need to be in the know, I worry, and I like to be involved in everything.  I am much more like my dad though and almost everyone would agree.  He has been the one to push me to do my best at everything, not give up, and do the right thing, all the time.  Many of these things are some of my biggest goals for my students.  We are both easily annoyed, aren't the most patient, and raise our voices quickly.  We butt heads but he is the first person I want to tell good news!  I know they are both my biggest fans.

--Gavin!  Everyone thought we were crazy when we started dating.  I was 18. He was 24.  I was a freshman in college.  He was graduated from Wartburg and a successful contractor.  Three and a half years later, I don't know what I would do without him.  He gets the brunt of my bad days, my emotions, and my frustrations.  He is there for everything and my biggest supporter.  Hopefully one of these days, he'll get down on one knee.... :-)

--My Brother!  This boy keeps me on my toes and has taught me how to deal with those little boys with tempers.  When we were little (lets be real, till the day I moved out), we fought, we argued, and we played side by side.  There were times when I couldn't get to my room fast enough because I seriously thought he would kill me and many more days (even through high school) that we feel asleep in the same bed watching movies or scheming up something ridiculous.  He is my best friend.

--My Sister!  I will always have my very own guardian angel.  While the selfish part of me wishes I would have gotten to grow up with her visibly by my side, I know she has always and continues to be with me.

--My friends!  They have kept me out of trouble, gotten me in trouble, and gave me endless amounts of laughter and advice.  While we have all went our own ways after school, I can count on them for a good time.

--A job!  It was such a relief to get a job right out of school and close to home.  Since Gavin wasn't leaving, it had limited the places that I was applying.  It isn't just any job though.  It's a job that I love and am very happy at.  I love the people that I work with and wake up each day excited to go to work.  Everyone is very supportive and truly want me to succeed.

--My mentor!  While I had heard bad stories about the mentoring program and how much of a hassle it was, I am blessed to have an awesome mentor that is there to support me with everything.  She has helped get my curriculum materials, deal with individual students, and give me countless amounts of guidance.

--Other teachers!  The teachers that I student taught with, had field experience with, and my own personal teachers have given me gifts that I will treasure for a life time.  They are the ones that helped create my passion for children and led me down this path.

--My family and Gavin's family!  They have supported me through school and my career decisions.  They have been my cheerleaders and biggest supporters.  I can't thank them enough.

--My babysitting families!  These families took me in and made me part of their family.  I had the opportunity to spend lots of time with awesome kids and they will always be my babies.  I miss not getting to spend endless amounts of time with them but sadly, most of them are in school themselves.  I wouldn't be the teacher that I am if I had gotten to practice with them first.

The list could go on but these are the biggest things.  Please don't feel bad if you think I missed you.  You are mentioned in there somewhere or in someway.

Have a great night and an even better Friday!  Make it a good day!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment