Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Door Closes and Another One Opens!

I have been waiting to hit publish on this post for a couple of weeks to wait for a School Board Meeting  to take place but I do have some rather bittersweet and all at the same time exciting news to share! {I'm sure most of you know anyways--but I wanted it to be official!}

At the beginning of June, I said bittersweet goodbyes to my fellow coworkers in Sumner and gratefully accepted a 1st grade position in the Waverly-Shell Rock District.  I will forever cherish the year I spent at Sumner, the students that I had, and the teachers and mentors that I worked with.  It was such a good experience and couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity that they gave me as a first year teacher.   I want to give a special "shout out" to my mentor, Kathleen, for everything that she did for me.  She was unbelievably helpful each and every day and my first year would have been awful without her.  The SF Cougars will forever hold a special place in my heart!

I couldn't be more excited to be a Go Hawk again, though!  Because Mr. Wonderful is planted in Waverly or the fact that I can't be away from home and love Waverly (okay---so maybe both), it was my long term goal to get back to town.  I'm not sure I will appreciate the 5 minute drive compared to my 45 minute drive to Sumner until the school year begins but I am certainly looking forward to it.  I am looking forward to a whole other list of things as well and can't wait for this upcoming year. 

Now to organizing my classroom--eekkk! #overwhelmed

No comments:

Post a Comment