Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Fever!

We have welcomed this spring weather with open arms!  Nothing yells Iowa spring more than 70 degree and sunny yesterday, thunderstorms and rain all day today, and the possibility of snow on Thursday.  I am praying to the good man upstairs that he keeps that white stuff away!

We have been talking a lot about the weather, storms, and using our descriptive words to explain all of them!  I don't have anything real cute or crafty to share but man-o-man have we been hard at work.  Writing complete sentences is tough, not very fun for them, and I've became a bully at making them make lots of corrections.

Here are some funnies, cute stories, saying, and more from the past week or two. (Not only from my classroom but life in general.

  • Mr. Wonderful and myself at back at 5am class at Next Level Extreme Fitness.  I absolutely love the mornings.  My alarm goes off at the butt crack of dawn and I am ready to get the day going.  I am reminded of how much Gavin is not a morning person.  I hide carefully in the bathroom/closet when I attempt to wake him.
  • I fold a load and start a new load each morning before workouts.  I pray that Gavin remembers to switch it over when he gets home from workouts.  Every once in a while, I rewash loads of laundry.
  • I'm on an even bigger health kick and am attempting to follow a Paleo diet.  No sugar, No grains, No dairy.  While some of these are on the healthy side, many of them have been proven to cause health issues and are often very processed.  I'll keep you updated.
  • I crawl into bed once in a while and wonder at what point it is too early to go to bed....Gavin seems to think that any time before 8 is.  I like to remind him of what time my alarm goes off each morning.
  • I had two munchkins switch desks today in the afternoon seeing if I would notice.  I didn't.  Whoops...they were pretty proud of themselves!
  • I attempted to double dutch jump rope out at recess saying that I used to be able to.  Needless to say, I about lost my head.
  • I couldn't be more proud of how well behaved my kiddos have been lately.  We are pulling things together after a rough couple of weeks.
  • I am now selling Advocare.  Sales promo:  If you would like to know more about the products or  order any of them, let me know!  I would love to help you on your nutrition or weight loss journey.
  • We have been covering the Food Pyramid for a couple of weeks.  I wish I could talk to my class about it all day long.
  • My class has become quite the group of readers and it almost makes me tear up!  I am so proud of them!
  • Girlfriends and boyfriends at 7 years old?!?!  What?! We've had to make some different seating arrangements!
  • We read the Magic Tree House Book Civil War on Sunday and boy were they intrigued.  I definitely wasn't prepared to answer all of their questions but managed!
  • I have fully implemented 5 round of the Daily 5 into my classroom and my children are in LOVE!!  We have always done bits and pieces but I dove in head over heals and wonder why I didn't earlier.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting to run outside instead of on the dreadmill!  Simbah loves to get to tag along.  He is getting much better at not acting like a dork when I hook his leash up.  He still loves to stop and chat with the kids at the park though.
  • Mud, mud, mud everywhere!  My kids at school track it in.  My dogs at home track it in.  Gavin refuses to take his boots off and tracks it in.  It's a losing battle!
  • It rained!  My uncle and dad and any other farmer have to be having a good day!
  • It rained!  I had 15 kiddos glued to my window the minute they walked in this morning like they hadn't ever seen it.  They again were glued to the window when it hailed.  (I had a minor heart attach!)  They were then glued to my side when a huge crack of thunder scare the living day lights out of them!
  • I love my job!  
  • We are 143 days into the school year.  I only have 36 days left of my first year of teaching and I can't believe how fast it has gone.  Its been a whirlwind to say the least!
  • I am truly blessed!  God is good!

Have a great rest of your week! ~Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment