Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birthday Blessings!

Monday marked me getting one year older!  Everyone warns you that once you get past all of the exciting ones that they aren't quite as fun.  While every birthday is pretty exciting to me, I would have to agree that this one wasn't one that I over celebrated, which was perfectly fine by me!

None the less, my family and friends made me feel super special!  Gavin and I spent Sunday at my parents.  My mom made us one of my favorite home cooked meals: mushroom steak and mash potatoes!  Gavin and my dad got to give Simbah (and the my parents' dogs) a bath since he thought it would be fun to play with a skunk the night before when he stayed at their house while we went to the State Championship game (how about that for a run on sentence?!).  Needless to say, he still stinks and I got to sneak Drake into the house to let him dry! :-)  If anyone knows my mom, she NEVER let an animal into her house before a couple of years ago!  She even remodeled it this past fall and was perfectly fine to let her baby Tucker, Simbah, and Drake hang out in the house to get some extra TLC while they dried from their baths!

Monday swung around and boy or boy did my friends and family shine through with the Facebook comments!  My phone never stopped dinging!  Thank you all for the love!  One of my munchkins came walking down the hall with this beauty!  Seriously, does it get much cuter than this!?!  They make me feel loved each and every day!
I am guessing it is a Pinterest idea and I am in love!  A whole bouquet of tissue paper flowers!


It didn't stop there though!  Towards the end of the day, our secretary came waltzing in my room with this GORGEOUS bouquet of roses from Mr. Wonderful himself!  My kids made me open the card right away to see if they were from him.  Before this year, I have never gotten flowers.  But twice in one year!?  Actually, twice within a month!!  He's pretty amazing if I do say so myself!
Love, Love, Love!

Here is to getting one year older!  I can't wait to see what this year has to bring!

~Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment