Tuesday, January 28, 2014

We're Getting Married!

You read that right! Gavin proposed!!

It's been just over a month ago, that Mr. Wonderful dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him, and I couldn't be more excited!  This past month has been spent not only getting back into the swing of things from being down for the count but also doing LOTS of wedding planning.  I can honestly say I have most of the planning done.  I hate making decisions so if I found something that I liked, I just went with it!

Got a date.
Got a church.
Got a reception venue.
Got my dress.
Decided on lots of little details!

August 30th, 2014 with be the day we say I do!  Mark your calendars, we're throwing a party!  Our ceremony will be held at Orchard Hill Church in Cedar Falls and our reception will be at The Centre in Waverly.  As for my dress, you'll just have to wait and see!

Proposal details....
Gavin had originally planned on proposing while we were deer hunting during a hunt on my family's land.  I ruined his plans by getting sick and having major surgery!  He then switched his plans and was going to do it the same day he had planned but in the hospital instead but explain his original plan.  I ruined his plan one more time and got discharged a day early.  He ended up hunting with my dad that day instead while I hung out slept on my parent's couch all day.  Whoops.... He then planned on Christmas Eve and began driving to my parent's house to ask my dad a few hours before we were going to be heading there.  His plan was to call my dad and have him meet him at my grandpa's for help with a Christmas present.  When he called though, my brother answered the phone and let Gavin know that my dad had just changed out the water in his wood burner (that was treated with chemicals so the pipes wouldn't rust) and the cats had unfortunately drank it and died.  Anyone that knows my dad knows that he LOVES animals and was pretty upset about this!  Sooo, Gavin turned around and came back home.  That's three of his plans that went down the drain.  He had planned to propose before we went out to my parents but it didn't happen.  We went out before church and took dinner to my Grandpa.  When we got back, Gavin was finally able to grab my dad as they pulled vehicles into the shop and asked for his blessing.  We went to church for Christmas Eve service and before opening presents at my parent's house, he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him.  We were in my bedroom at my parent's so it was just the two of us!  It didn't work out quite like he had planned but it was perfect none the less!  We were able to spend the night with my family and the next day with his.




No comments:

Post a Comment