Thursday, January 16, 2014

Man Trip

Prior to being engaged (that story will come at some point) I had attempted to pull out all of the stops to possibly make it happen sooner rather than later.  Many of you may know that my patience were being tested just a tad!  One of the things I may have thrown out on the table was that he could go on "man trips" and I wouldn't complain about them!  Bahaha  Well, he takes full advantage of man trips during the winter season and is gone to Wyoming snowmobiling.

I really could care less that he goes on these trips but I dislike hate staying at home by myself. Our dogs know when he is gone somehow and become super protective.  The bark at the wind. Semis. The cat. Really anything and I instantly think that there is boogie man there to get me.  Therefore, I sleep terribly whenever he is gone (and stress about the guys dying in an avalanche.)  This isn't something that just started either.  I don't think I ever stayed at home alone at my parents house.  Now, I can do it and have done it but would rather not.

Jenny Dunkin saved the day when she asked me to stay with their kids for a couple of days since they would be out of town! Chaa ching!  These couple of days miraculously coincided with the days that Gavin was going to be gone.  I successfully got three kids up and out the door to the bus on time and myself to school in time!  They also were fully clothed, had their backpacks, and had completed their homework. :-)  Lets be real!  They are the most responsible kids ever and did it all on their own.  I was just there for moral support.  (They are even going to have dinner in the oven and almost done when I get there tonight!)

For those of you worried about the dogs, they have an indoor and outdoor kennel and the guys are there during the day so they are being shown some love as well!  As for the cat, she's creepy and just roams the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment