Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Little One on One

As the summer neared the final weeks, I thought it would be fun to do something one-on-one with my babysitting kiddos. I let each of them pick out something they wanted to do and just the two of us went.

Jace loves anything to do with motors or engines or cars or tractors.  You name it and he probably knows the make and model and quite possibly the year!  Lucky for him, the Bremer County fair was going on and that means red neck entertainment at its finest.  I absolutely love county fairs and grew up attending them and showing cattle at them.  The grandstand events are rare and often hard to find anywhere else. Jace chose to go to the combine derbies and I was all in!!  He had a blast. I had a blast. And we saw some combines crash and smash and hit until they didn't run!
 Sat by our buddy Ty!
 Had to be pulled off of the course!

 Crash!

 They couldn't get enough and LOVED when the combines took a run for it!

All smiles! AND we caught a hat that the fair board was throwing out--winner!

Macy went a completely different route and wanted to get her nails done. What girl doesn't like a little pampering?!  I was excited about this choice as well! Two good picks by these kiddos. She had only been to a salon one other time so she was pretty excited.  She paints her nails, my nails, and anyone else that is willing on a weekly basis so it was a treat for her to get them done.


They even had a little chair for her!

One more day and back to reality for me.....
Good thing I'm ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment